Do you know the plan of salvation?
- You must understand that there is only one way to heaven. Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh to the Father but by me.” John 14:6
- Good works cannot save you.“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works so that no one can boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9
- Admit you are a sinner. “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
- You must repent, ask Christ to forgive your sins and turn away from sin. “Unless you repent, you shall all perish.” Luke 13:5 and as Jesus spoke to the woman who was caught in the very act of adultery “…go thy way and sin NO MORE.” John 8:11
- You must be born again. “Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3
- Believe that Jesus died for you, was buried and rose on the third day. “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
- You must confess that Jesus is Lord. “If you declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
- You must willingly confess to the world that you are a Christian and never be ashamed to share your faith. “For it is with your heart you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.” Romans 10:10
If you aren’t sure of your salvation and you want to be found worthy when it comes your time to be judged and weighed in God’s balance all you need to do is to pray.
If you don’t know the words to say, this is an example of a prayer of repentance. Just use your own words or pray this simple prayer with all sincerity in your heart:
Dear God, I need forgiveness. I recognize that I am a sinner and I am willing to turn away from my sins and follow Jesus. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God, that he died for my sins, shedding his precious blood for me, that he rose from the dead and now sits on the right hand of the Father. I invite Jesus Christ into my life and my heart as my personal Savior and I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ, proudly proclaiming it to all men.
If you prayed a prayer of repentance, then I welcome you into the eternal family of God and urge you to follow the scriptural instruction for baptism and to grow in your knowledge of the Bible and faith in God.
Your journey has only begun, and when your work here is ended and the day comes that you leave this world and stand before God, the judge of all mankind, may you be found worthy to hear the words,
“Well done, my good and faithful servant.” Matthew 24:21